On Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2022 11:11:40 CET Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) wrote: > On 2022-02-02 08:50, slbtty wrote: > > I think rolling-distro users like us are actually the minority. > > > > Stable-distro users don't have new libraries. If they ever want to > > build from source, they are highly going to manipulate the code. If > > so, letting them get sources from the master branch can avoid dealing > > with already fixed bugs in dependencies. > > Hi, > > I think if you have a distro that up-to-date that you can do that, you > don't need any howto. > > Without kdesrc-build you can't build it on any normal distro that is not > rolling release > that is not bleeding edge. > > Beside, if you want to work on other parts, a kdesrc-build setup is nice > to have > and it will properly setup the stuff for clangd if used like described. > > If you want to add to the howto the cmake variant, feel free to submit > some merge request stupid question: how/where would I create that merge request ? Alex