List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: kate stopped warning about changed files (but only C++ files)
From:       Sven Brauch <mail () svenbrauch ! de>
Date:       2020-02-22 20:06:00

Hi,

On Saturday, 22 February 2020 17:18:31 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> edit file
> git commit -a
> git reset --hard origin/master
> the file contents are gone.
>
> Yes i know that i did a git reset, but up to now kate always kept things for
> me, so I'm used to do that and then salvage the files i actually wanted to
> keep.

sorry, I don't understand the purpose of this workflow. You do changes, commit
them, then discard the commit by going back to origin/master and then commit
those you *actually* wanted again by salvaging the files from your text
editor? I probably misunderstood ;)

Anyways, if you want to restore the contents of the file to before the reset,
they are still there:

git checkout HEAD@{1} -- <path/to/file>

That's why kate feels free to reload the file.

Best,
Sven