--000000000000df56cc058e69dba5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Hi, On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:38 AM Daan De Meyer wrote: > The KATE_VERSION variable was used in some source files but by passing the > version as a command line define via CMake allowed me to remove the > config.h file completely. > The good practice IMO is completely opposite: move `#defines` from CLI to generated `*.h` file(s) as much as you can. As for me, it'll make the CLI shorter and readable by humans w/ less pain. But the main reason: various shells have different limitations on CI length... --000000000000df56cc058e69dba5 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Hi,

The KATE_VERSION variable was used in some= source files but by passing the version as a command line define via CMake= allowed me to remove the config.h file completely.

=C2=A0The good practice IMO is completely opposite: mo= ve `#defines` from CLI to generated `*.h` file(s) as much as you can. As fo= r me, it'll make the CLI shorter and readable by humans w/ less pain. B= ut the main reason: various shells have different limitations on CI length.= ..

--000000000000df56cc058e69dba5--