List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Setting KTextEditor default options
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2016-11-07 19:33:56

Hi,

> On 07/11/16 20:22, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>> I could live with that default change.
> Ok, I'll write a patch.
>
>> Beside that: Would it be wanted to store the katepart aka KTextEditor config
>> again in the application configs instead of own config to have per application
>> configurability?
> I personally think that makes more sense. E.g. for kile the usage of the
> editor is quite different than for kdevelop, and it's not unlikely I
> want different settings there. Esp. things like line numbers are quite
> application-specific, they are very important in some and irrelevant in
> others.
I think, so, too, the idea of centralized config was not that clever from my side
for KF5...

Question: Is there some easy way to auto-migrate settings if we would do that, like importing
the katepartrc into application config if not already there (or if some extra import flag is not set)?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com