List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Folding-Preview RFC
From:       "Elv1313 ." <elv1313 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-06-22 19:49:26

Here is a cheap muckup for my idea:
http://i.imgur.com/DhYXDWh.png

1) I did dim the document view by 20% so the preview popup more
2) I added the overlay on the right side
3) I unfold and show some > on the side of the folded area (and also
dim it, but I am not sure about that one, maybe it should dim what's
visible and highlight whats folded)
4) I add another vertical line to separate the code from the preview area.

I think this make sense for displaying the folding. It probably
doesn't for the regular scrollbar preview because that would mess the
Y axis offset. I think, however, that the scrollbar preview should
make it obvious that there is folding. What do you think?

Best regards,
Emmanuel