List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: A doubt on language-specific indentation settings
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-11-28 19:21:58

On 2014-11-24 05:21, Andrew Udvare wrote:
> There is no way at this time to specify per-file type rules in
> .kateconfig files.

I had asked about this previously and was told that there *is*...
however as I've never found an example or explanation how to use it, I'm
more inclined to believe that there really isn't.

> I would love to see this implemented although I am not sure of the
> best way.

What about this?

kate (*.txt): indent-mode normal; indent-width 2;
kate (*.cxx;*.cpp;*.C): indent-width 4;

IOW, a 'kate:' directive, which is what we have right now, applies to
all file types. A 'kate (<patterns>):' directive applies only to files
matching '<patterns>', where '<patterns>' works the same as "File
extensions" in the "Modes & Filetypes" options.

I'd imagine most people would be okay with just file patterns. If we
really need mimetypes also, maybe that could use []'s instead of ()'s or
something. (Or '<patterns>' could be either file patterns or mimetypes,
where we assume if the list item contains a '/' then it is a mimetype,
otherwise it is a file pattern. Are there mimetypes that are not of the
'type/subtype' form?)

--
Matthew