List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Post 4.14 => KF5
From:       Gerald Senarclens de Grancy <gerald () senarclens ! eu>
Date:       2014-07-24 20:50:35

Grand, I'm looking forward to a 'unified' development branch. It would
be great if the documentation for building Kate
(http://kate-editor.org/get-it/) would also be updated so that the new
kate master branch can be build easily. Just gave the current
instructions a shot as they are (on a clean Kubuntu 14.04) and got

"""
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
  version 0.0.9) with any of the following names:

    ECMConfig.cmake
    ecm-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "ECM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ECM_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "ECM" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

"""

Also, I believe it would be useful to add a line documenting that
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3
can be used to build Kate w/ Python3 support.
Regards, g

Gerald Senarclens de Grancy
http://senarclens.eu/~gerald/
Open minds on open source!