List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Handling whitespaces patch
From:       Gerald Senarclens de Grancy <gerald () senarclens ! eu>
Date:       2014-06-23 18:58:07

Hello Wojciech,

> What I lack is Qt Creator like handling of whitespaces by that I mean:
>     - cutting automatically whitespaces and empty lines of whitespace

not entirely sure what you mean by that (I only used Qt Create a few
minutes in total). In Kate there's existing functionality that
automatically removes trailing whitespace when saving the document
which might be what you're after

>     - showing whitespaces.

in settings->configure kate->editor component->appearance->
you have the options "highlight tabulators", "highlight trailing
spaces" and "show indentation lines" - are these what you're after?

> I'm eager to write these changes to Kate. What I need is green light from
> the developers so that my work is not in vain.  I think of the exactly same
> way as Qt Creator does it. Please let me know
> what you think about it

Help is always welcome :)
Regards, g

--