List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding PLT Racket to Scheme syntax highlighting
From:       Sven Brauch <svenbrauch () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-06-07 17:16:57

Hi,

On Saturday 07 June 2014 12:44:40 Mark Lee wrote:
> I don't think PLT Racket files need a whole need syntax highlighting
> file since they follow Scheme's highlighting (they are a Scheme
> dialect). I already edited my own scheme syntax highlighting file, are
> you suggesting I submit the updated scheme syntax highlighting file to
> include PLT Racket?

If you base off the highlighting for your language off another language that's
just fine. Just make sure to rename the file and change the extension(s)
appropriately.

There's also the possibility to share highlighting code between languages, but
I think it's more for embetting verbatim chunks of one language into another
one, so probably not useful in your case.

Greetings!
Sven