List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: about code auto-completion
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-05-07 15:11:43

On 2014-05-07 10:37, Sven Brauch wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2014 10:03:46 æ Ÿå  é‚  wrote:
>> After test, I found that ignoring case senstitive may cause the problem of
>> not matching most. for example, if there have word of "Coefficient",
>> "coe_file_name", then when I input Coe, the first choice is
>> "coe_file_name", this problem will greatly decrease my effiency.
>
> Sorry, again re. this: I just noticed the behaviour we have is correct after
> all, that's just alphabetical sorting. There's no consistent way to change
> this to what you want (unless you can name one?).
> If we sort items with matching case first, we get a huge distance between
> items with matching case and with mismatching case, which is not very nice
> either. Opinions?

I'd disagree with the second part of that statement... non-same-case
matches, in code, are effectively not matches at all, and so *should* be
distant from same-case matches.

...but that goes back to the argument that whether case should be
considered or not depends on context, hence the possible need for it to
be configurable (and probably also as a command line command / modeline).

--
Matthew