List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [kate] part/syntax/data: Remove RST include cuz it breaks too much things!
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-27 21:15:41

On 2014-02-27 15:20, Alex Turbov wrote:
> Git commit 9695f1785ad8f9ae95802d561acd0e29fc0193d1 by Alex Turbov.
> Committed on 27/02/2014 at 20:14.
> Pushed by turbov into branch 'master'.
>
> Remove RST include cuz it breaks too much things!
> Particularly, RST syntax also include the cmake, making a cycle dependency
> and introduce a bunch of regressions. Moreover, it brings C++ (and Doxygen)
> items (a lot of) to cmake color settings which is completely ridiculous…

Some warning would have been nice. I don't like this change; we
highlight doxygen in C++, why not reST in CMake?

What's wrong with include cycles? I've been using HL's with them for a
while and haven't seen any issues.

IMHO it would be better to remove the specific code HL's from reST than
to remove reST from CMake. Your argument about bringing in too much
stuff applies equally to reST by itself.

--
Matthew