List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles in KF5
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-20 22:52:05

On 2014-02-20 17:17, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Ok, final (?) round. The current list looks as follows:
>
> Strings & Characters
> - dsChar
> - dsString
> + dsVerbatimString ('' in Perl, CoffeeScript and Bash, r'' or r"" in Python)
> + dsSpecialString (SQL, HERE docs)

dsSpecialChar?

> Numbers, Types, and Constants
> + dsConstant    (language constants, maybe True, False, ...)

TY :-)

So what's the plan with e.g. @note in doxygen.xml vs. 'NOTE' in alert.xml?

> Only dsBuiltin has a '?' and is still up for discussion.
> Can we have a discussion about it again?

bash.xml would definitely use this, e.g. 'if', 'for', 'do' etc. are
dsKeyword, but 'echo' probably shouldn't be. (And right now these are
distinct from other commands, even "well known system commands" e.g.
'tr', so these would use dsBuiltin if we had it. OTOH maybe they should
use dsExtension? Or maybe that and e.g. 'tr' should use dsBuiltin?)

I think partly I am leaning toward Christoph's 'no such thing as too
many' attitude now :-).

Mostly though I like the above list (even omitting dsBuiltin), but I
think it would be useful to keep dsSpecialChar.

But I wouldn't mind having dsBuiltin and dsLink and/or dsReference.

--
Matthew