List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles (take two)
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-18 19:41:33

On 2014-02-18 14:19, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Actually, I even think having some roles too much isn't a problem anyway.
>
> We could like vim define some to the same color in the pre-shipped color schemes
> (and in the mapping to the kde color scheme) and still have the benefit that
> users can configure them more "fancy".

I suspect we'll have to; we only get 8 colors from KColorScheme without
starting to play with the background :-). Though in this instance it may
be that we take the possible a11y hit and resort to mixing and/or
playing with the luma.

In general though I agree with the sentiment and am expecting this to be
the case, i.e. we won't necessarily have more *distinct* colors in a
default configuration, but the user will have more "global control" over
their color scheme, with less need to tweak things at the per-HL level.

--
Matthew