List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles
From:       Sven Brauch <svenbrauch () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-17 22:57:25

On Monday 17 February 2014 23:49:13 Milian Wolff wrote:
> At least JavaScript and C++ don't have it. PHP has it though. Anyhow, this
> depends on semantic analysis (see my other email) and maybe needs a
> different approach. That said, why would one want to highlight exceptions
> differently from other objects? Where is this useful to know directly
> whether a type is actually an Exception?
In python for example you have lots of predefined, fairly general-purpose
exceptions (ValueError, ZeroDivisionError, TypeError etc.) and quite many
people just use those in their own code too. They're being highlighted in kate
right now and it matches most cases where exceptions are being used, at least
in my code.

But I guess this is quite python-specific, I don't know of another language
doing this.

Greetings!