List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Generic code completion for kate -- proof of concept
From:       Sven Brauch <svenbrauch () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-01 20:59:11

On Saturday 01 February 2014 21:51:29 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> As I understand, KateHlKeyword is the key to the items. In that case, this
> list may not always be complete, e.g. sometimes a keyword is matched with a
> regexp or other highlighting rule, and therefore explicitly omitted in the
> keyword list. Fixing it is of course easy, just add another keyword list
> (with missing items) that never matches (e.g. column="-1"). Then, all these
> items are also returned, correct? It would be a bit hackish, but completely
> transparent and backwards compatible.
Yes -- I noticed this already. For example in gnuplot, the "plot" keyword is
missing.

Once we have the actual engine working (see review), I think various little
changes can be done to the highlighting files which improve the overall
result. What you suggested is certainly a good idea, but also some languages
could be more explicit about what context they are in, limiting the amount of
matches (if possible).

Greetings,
Sven