List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: C++ highlighting / indenting
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2014-01-31 21:12:12

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Milian Wolff < mail@milianw.de > wrote:
>

> On Thursday 30 January 2014 14:41:06 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > The idea would be:
> >
> > 1) use you new hl per default, as it is supports plain C++ (11+) much
> > better
> > than the old one 2) use cstyle per default even for that hl, to have less
> > interruptions for users.
> >
> > That way users would have the new BETTER highlighting and still don't need
> > to tweak their settings to get back the "original" indentation style that
> > was default before.
>
> +1 from my side.
>
> But I just noticed - even when I select the C++/Qt4 highlighting, the
> "special" Qt keywords/macros are not highlighted anymore... This is a bad
> regression imo :(
>
> http://i.imgur.com/WAchQyp.png
>
> looks like you don't set any color to Qt4 extensions -- by default they are
> dsNormal
You are right here, but I guess for the C++/Qt4 hl it would make sense to set
that stuff to something non dsNormal per default, given the user already selected
a Qt hl.

Should we perhaps btw. include Qt5, too? And perhaps just color the different versions
differently? e.g. one color for classes that are in both version and one for qt4/qt5
version classes only? And rename it to C++/Qt

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com