List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate, question about documentation: can we split it between app/part
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2014-01-21 20:36:53

Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014, 20:50:30 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> now that we have the ktexteditor framework, it will be even more common to
> install only that part without the application.
>
> Then the part will link to the kate docs but they are not there.
> Would it be possible to split off the component documentation to ktexteditor
> and only have kwrite/kate doc parts in kate.git?

Yes, we discussed this issue already some months ago here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=137512646306266&w=2

Having the ktexteditor documentation in the code repo would solve
documentation problems with extragear applications (kile, krusader,
kdevelop?...), which can be build with different versions of kde, but as of now
we have only a ktexteditor documentation for one version to provide.

From my pov the split of the docbooks into ktexteditor + Kate + Kwrite parts,
where the kate/kwrite docbooks just link to the ktexteditor docbook for the
relevant info, make much sense and solves the problems with extragear apps.

But I let have T.C. the last word on this topic...

--
Burkhard Lück