List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Statusbar & KateView
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2014-01-21 17:30:35

We played a bit with it and a first version is in git.

Hosting applications can still disable the status bar, if they think it wastes space
or the want their own one.

In addition to the features of the old kate status bar, the new one allows to
switch mode and encoding directly there, like e.g. gEdit does since long.

Additional stuff would be something like a quick indentation options switches or such stuff.

For Kate application, Dominik is working on a way still to show the filenames for different splitters
if splitviews are used, this will have some other nice sideeffects, too ;)

Greetings
Christoph

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----