Von: Christoph Cullmann
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Dezember 2013 23:09
An: kwrite-devel@kde.org
Antwort an: kwrite-devel@kde.org
Cc: Simon Edwards
Betreff: Kate & KTextEditor & Pate & KDE Frameworks 5

Hi,

given that a lot stuff works in the frameworks branch already, I thought about porting the Python
Pate plugin, too.

But there is see the issue that PyQt5 seems to be around, but PyKF5 not really, or?

What would be the appropriate course of action?
Port away from PyKDE, given that a lot of stuff is now in Qt 5.2 anyway and have only KTextEditor/Kate bindings
generated again?

Any ideas welcome, just afraid that we run again in a situation where the python stuff is left behind by a
x => y major version switch ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--