List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Put include dirs into kate project file ?
From:       Sven Brauch <svenbrauch () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-14 21:18:10

Hi!

> I won't implement stuff now which currently nobody uses.
Neither I nor Milian are expecting you to implement that, I think.
We're just discussing whether it makes sense to do it at all. It's
clear that the KDevelop project can't tell you what features you need
to implement for us and expect you to do that ;)

>> One important question related to the latter point: Do you intend the
>> project files to be hand-editable?
> Yes.
Ok, so I guess a large amount of information which is not immediately
relevant might be harmful. Hm.

> I agree that having one format to rule them all would be really nice. :-)
> But I'm not sure whether the developers of different IDEs will agree on the
> contents of that file. From my experience e.g. with Eclipse and CodeBlocks
> this is typically not the case.
Certainly not. But _assuming_ we would provide such a format and
document that it could be used by others, there's a realistic chance
some projects would adopt it.
This has already worked a bit for the kate syntax files, so it might work again.

Greetings,
Sven