List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: frameworks branch => Switch focus to KF5 porting?
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2013-11-28 22:19:05

Hi,

after some slacking around, the initial port of KatePart to KDE Frameworks 5 is working.
I commented some stuff like drag and drop and accessibility out ATM, with "FIXME KF5" comments but
otherwise, at least in the KWrite app, it seems to work.

Kate application needs still porting ;)

Any help welcome, but please mark hacks/commented out stuff with "FIXME KF5".

Blog post online: http://kate-editor.org/2013/11/28/katepartkwrite-arrives-in-the-kde-frameworks-5-world/

Before these changes, I merge once again master into frameworks.

Given that the part seems to be at least usable and not completly broken, I think it would really make sense to shift
the main development focus on the KDE Frameworks 5 version to have some rock-solid port available as soon as KF5 takes off
next year.

Greetings
Christoph

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----