List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Switching to Python 3
From:       Sven Brauch <svenbrauch () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-12 19:19:43

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 23:10:18 Alex Turbov wrote:
> embedded konsole (for me) is too small for a real usage... (sometimes) is
> it not enough height even for `ls` command, not talking about 20 screens
> (150x40 in my case) of g++ compile errors... I've tried to use it ... well,
> just enable this plugin once, run make for my current project, end after
> review an output disable it again (forever)... I suppose that someone may
> use it for daily tasks, but I can't imagine how to use it if "daily tasks"
> produce a lot of output...
How does that make sense, given that you can resize it to be of any size you
want? :D

Either way, I'm absolutely sure the common use case for the python console or
why people want it is definitely not for accessing the kate API, but for
playing with python while writing their python programs which have absolutely
nothing to do with kate. For which it is a relevant topic which version of
python it supports.

Anyways, I guess this topic has gotten a bit moot. We have determined we can't
really support both language versions sanely, the effect of not supporting
them is sort of minimal, so maybe we should just switch to python3 and leave
it be?

Greetings