List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Switching to Python 3
From:       "Philipp A." <flying-sheep () web ! de>
Date:       2013-11-11 17:59:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2013/11/11 Sven Brauch <svenbrauch@googlemail.com>

> The problem is stuff like ipython -- you will have to decide if you want
> both
> (difficult) or just one, and if just one then which one.

you can just start the one which isn't built in standalone or in the
terminal. and that's what prople had to do up until now, anyway. the only
thing that'll changes is that packagers won't be able to decide which one
to build against, so there won't be any distributions shipping the
python2-compiled one.

and as i said: tampering with kate's internals will only be possible form
the internal console, but who cares, that's the version we'll write the
plugins against, anyway.