On Monday 11 November 2013 12:55:06 J. Pablo Mart=EDn Cobos wrote: > Because the pep8, > pyflakes and parse syntax checker will report errors, because the syntax = is > different in python 2 and python 3. Okay, I looked a bit more and this is indeed a valid concern. The problem is that some of the plugins (pep8 and the ipython console, at = least) call straight into the mentioned tools and do something with them, a= nd = the tools (e.g. ipython console) will be the version of the language kate w= as = linked against. For most of the tools the solution is imo easy: e.g. pep8 should just be = called as a program and the output should be parsed. It's very simple ... y= es, = not as elegant, but who cares. For ipython however it's less obvious ... I'm not sure how the problem coul= d = be solved here. The only solution I found is based on creating a widget and = then letting a new process draw into the widget, but that sort of sucks = (especially I'm not sure how portable it is). That's more work and more bad = than just keeping the current situation, so not worth it imo. What I said earlier in the thread was referring only to what language shoul= d = be available for writing the plugins, assuming plugins which are just doing = stuff but not actually _importing python tools and using them in-process_. For this issue, I'm not sure how to proceed. Possibly the "link against bot= h = libs" is indeed the best solution. Greetings, Sven _______________________________________________ KWrite-Devel mailing list KWrite-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwrite-devel