List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: Review Request 113720: Python plugins refactored
From:       "Philipp A." <flying-sheep () web ! de>
Date:       2013-11-10 11:13:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2013/11/9 J. Pablo Martín Cobos <goinnn@gmail.com>

> I would be agree with you if when kate executes the python plugin it does
> not use "python" command and if kate use "python3" command.

So you do agree with me, as Kate doesn't use *any* command. It links to a
python shared library, which is selected at build time.

That means that as long as libpython.so.x.y can be found on the system,
(while x.y is the same version Kate was built with), Pâté works.

That means that if Kate starts to be built with Python 3 on Ubuntu, it will
continue working without additional dependencies, as Python 3 is installed
on any (K)ubuntu system by default.