List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: katepart and Python bindings
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2013-06-05 18:48:55

Hello,

On 06/02/2013 06:39 AM, Alex Turbov wrote:
> I've played w/ a fresh build of PyKDE4 + kate.
> almost every Python plugin is broken due the uncertain (for me) error:
>
>  >>>app=kate.application.activeMainWindow()
>  >>>app
>
> <PyKate4.kate.MainWindow object at 0x7f9fa17083b0>

I think I know what is going on.

Do a clean rebuild of these bindings for kate application MainWindow and
friends, *after* building the ktexteditor bindings in PyKDE4.

The reason is that the SIP tool makes heavy use of tables with indexes
to reference things like classes. If binding module B (=kate
application) depends on classes in module A (=ktexteditor) then B will
need to be rebuilt if module A changes. Changing A changes the layout of
its tables. The mapping of class names to indexes from module A is held
in a generated C++ header file which is then used when building module B.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards
simon@simonzone.com