List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Style Guide for Python Code
From:       Gerald Senarclens de Grancy <gerald () senarclens ! eu>
Date:       2013-06-01 14:20:10

Another approach of solving this: instead of adding a pep8 config, we
could simply ask Christoph or Dominik to add sth like to following to
http://kate-editor.org/join-us/

"""
Coding standards for Python plugins

Besides delimiting blocks with 4 spaces, we do not have very strict
rules for coding new Python plugins, basically having this *kate
variable line* in your source files will do:

# kate: space-indent on; indent-width: 4; mixed-indent off;

In addition, most of us follow the PEP-8 style guide wherever
appropriate. Who codes desides. If you are changing an existing plugin
that follows the PEP-8 rules, please follow too.
"""

Is this acceptable to everyone?
/g

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM, J. Pablo Martín Cobos <goinnn@gmail.com> wrote:

> El 01/06/2013 14:52, "Philipp A." <flying-sheep@web.de> escribió:
>

>> what if the path is a little longer? i never said it wouldn't be possible,
>> just that 80 is damn impractical.
>>
> If the string is a little longer, you could use parenthesis:
>
> MY_LONG_STRING = ('xxxxxxx'
>                                       'yyyyyyy'
>                                       'zzzzzzz')
>
>> i hope you'll agree with me here when you start trying to convert the Paté
>> codebase to 80 chars.
>>

> I never said that this rules are for the 100% of the case. Please read me. I
> don't want argue more with you....
>
>> is everybody ok with 120 chars or are there other practical suggestions?

Gerald Senarclens de Grancy
http://senarclens.eu/~gerald/
Open minds on open source!