List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Vi Mode Bar => Status-Bar
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-04-03 11:53:35

Two things come to my mind here.

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 23:49:57 Sven Brauch wrote:
> Hmm, yeah, but it has been like this for a very long time now and I've
> never heard anyone complaining (and I hear a lot of complaints) ;)

1st) Not getting complaints does (unfortunately) not imply that the solution
is perfect. So this alone is a very weak argument.

> I'm not sure, but I don't really see a need for changing anything in
> kdevelop... I'll ask the others about it.

2nd) To sum up: KDevelop does not have a status bar to save space.
Interestingly, Kate Part has to add the status bar in vi-mode, otherwise
KDevelop does not have a status bar. So you don't want a status bar while
at the same time wanting a status bar. Do you see the irony? :-)

From a Kate developers pov, this means that the code/solution in Kate Part is
not as it should be (more code to maintain), which is something I (personally)
never like that much.

Cheers,
Dominik