List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Very small patch that sets minimum size of config dialog in Kate setto 680x480
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2012-12-29 17:37:26

L=F8rdag den 29. december 2012 17:17:07 skrev Shaheed Haque:
> > On Dec. 29, 2012, 1:36 p.m., Mikael Hermansson wrote:
> > > Ship It!
> > =

> > Anders Lund wrote:
> >     You can't give yourself a "ship it" - wait for a review or go from
> >     someone with a resonable karma ;)
> >     =

> >     Apart from that, how did you choose the size? I remember 640x480 be=
ing
> >     a very common screen resolution in the PCs youth. ;)> =

> > Dominik Haumann wrote:
> >     Hm, wouldn't a better fix be to cleanup and reorganize the config =

> >     pages?
> >     =

> >     Besides, hard coding a minimum size will work, but it will break the
> >     layout as well, right?

Not more than not setting a minimum size does, afaics.

> I don't know about the choice of specific size or if a minimum size will
> break the layout, but the current default size seems broken for (nearly?)
> everything. So I would vote for this as an interim fix at least.

The current initial size is definately bad, way too small!

The "natural size" is about 880x500 (on my system, and after showing all =

widgets, and including titlebar), which is fine even on a netbook (mine is =

1024x600, which is quite typical. The height is needed by the editor =

component->editing->indent tab, while the width is from editor component-
>appearence->fonts and colors.

So I suggest setting the minimum size to that, so that the dialog will not =

resize as widgets are displayed.

Anders