List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Tidy up Python 3 support.
From:       Shaheed Haque <srhaque () theiet ! org>
Date:       2012-11-28 22:21:25

Hi Luca,

As per the reviewboard, 3.2 links/works if I workaround the naming
convention mentioned above is worked-around. As for if this issue is
in FIndPythonLIbrary.cmake, I think that this line:

      set(PYTHON_LIBRARY_NAMES python${PYTHON_SHORT_VERSION}
python${PYTHON_SHORT_VERSION_NO_DOT})

needs extending for the naming convention UNLESS it is expected that
the distro should provide the additional link that I created by hand.
I assume the script works as-is on your distro's 3.3 system, but it
obviously does not on my Ubuntu 3.2 system.

Finally, I have not attempted to build/run against 3.3. Can you
confirm if it works for you. (Just try opening the Python Console, and
broswe the Pate plugin's config dialog).

Thanks, Shaheed