List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Pate
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-17 7:47:49

Hi Shaheed,

the expand plugin uses the smartInterface, which is not implemented anymore by
Kate Part. So the correct thing would be to not create bindings for it.
Instead, the smart* classes were replaced by the moving* classes
(MovingInterface, MovingRange, MovingCursor). But the movingCursor does not
have an advance function as the SmartCursor one had, afaik. So in the expaned
plugin, the advance must be implemented differently anways.

Besides, I think it's a good idea to release the pate plugin with KDE 4.9,
that's after all what I once porposed to Paul years ago, but never happened.

So as soon as KDE 4.9 is branched, the move can be done. So keep it up :-)
It would be awesome, if you blog about the pate plugin a bit on kate-
editor.org. You can have an account, what do you think?

Greetings
Dominik