List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] Kate vi-mode doc formatting
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2011-06-29 13:58:42

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011, um 22:58:43 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> On 6/28/11, Burkhard Lück <lueck@hube-lueck.de> wrote:
[snip]
> > Yes, kde documentation has to be FDL versions 1.2, see
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy for details.
> >
> > I'd like to get this into master as soon as scripty is switched to trunk-
> > master and stable-4.7 (around June 30) and then backport to 4.7 in the
> > first week after the KDE 4.7 Release (July 27).
>
> I can unCamelCase all the command names but I don't think I can write
> descriptions for all of them by Thursday.

Don't worry about Thursday, that is just the earliest date to commit to master
without disturbing too much.
Let me explain the situation. Gui and Doc translation workflows are quite
different, a simple error/unexpected behavior of meinproc4+friends means for
the Gui just one untranslated message, but can break generating language
docbooks completely.
So I need one roundtrip of the complete Doc translation workflow
(generate docmessage templates, merge them, translate, generate language
docbook + check, build language) in master before it is save to backport to
branch.
Minimum time frame for this roundtrip is around a few days up to one week,
depending on the amount of docmessages to translate.

<Hint>
Enough time (~ 3 weeks) to proofread / correct the kate/kwrite documentation
for 4.7.1 ;-)
</Hint>

Btw. have a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account,
you'll have my support.