List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Handbook Updates
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! de>
Date:       2011-06-27 6:37:20

On Monday, June 27, 2011 02:44:36 AM T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been looking for some ways to help out some of my favorite open
> sources projects, and Kate is at the top of my list.  (Sometimes I
> think Kate is the main reason why I use KDE. :-)  I don't know much
> C++, but I understand from kate-editor.org that Kate's documentation
> is in need of some work, so I'd like to help out with that.
>
> Offhand, I see that many of the screenshots need to be updated, and
> there is absolutely no documentation for many of the included plugins.
>  But, I recall reading somewhere that there are a few things in the
> documentation that don't quite match reality anymore, so I'd like to
> start by working my way through the handbook and double-checking
> everything's accuracy.  If anybody is aware of any parts that need
> attention, please let me know.
>
> Also, what is the best way to submit changes?  I can put together
> patches with git, but should they go to bugzilla, here on the mailing
> list, or e-mailed to someone in particular?  For the "changes to
> reflect reality", should I submit individual patches for each little
> update, or roll them all up into one?
>
> Thanks, and I look forward to working with everyone!
I think patches against kate.git master would be ok, for sure.
Just send them to the list and we will apply them if ok ;)
If you like to do that more long term, you can apply for git account too,
after first row of patches ;)

Thanks for the interest, btw.
Perhaps Burkhard Lück can provide more feedback, as he knows the manual a lot
better than me ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--