List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Ambiguous key sequences are driving me nuts
From:       Werner <lists () mollentze ! co ! za>
Date:       2010-12-08 17:58:43

I still get the following messages, mostly just after booting and starting Kate
for the first time, then trying to edit a file...

---
The key sequence 'Ctrl+C' is ambiguous. Use 'Configure Shortcuts'

from the 'Settings' menu to solve the ambiguity.

No action will be triggered.

The key sequence 'Ctrl+V' is ambiguous. Use 'Configure Shortcuts'

from the 'Settings' menu to solve the ambiguity.

No action will be triggered.

The key sequence 'Ctrl+F' is ambiguous. Use 'Configure Shortcuts'

from the 'Settings' menu to solve the ambiguity.

No action will be triggered.

---

The same thing happens using KatePart in Konqueror.

It seems to be a KDE4 "feature" but it's obviously extremely annoying.

So far, I can manage to make the madness stop by Settings > Configure Shortcuts
 > Reset to Defaults. But doing that each time I boot up in the morning can
hopefully be avoided...

Is there a way to tell KDE4 that I don't care, and that Kate/KatePart should
*always* take precedence if key sequences are considered to be ambiguous?

Have any of you experienced the same problem?

Thanks for your time,
Werner