List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Converting spaces to tabs
From:       Werner <lists () mollentze ! co ! za>
Date:       2010-12-06 17:51:52

Hi!

It must have happened to you before.. you have to edit a file indented using
spaces, but now must be indented using tabs. Or the other way around.

Since there is no easy way to simply enter a tab character for a find and
replace, I was wondering is there is some way (which I'm probably missing) to
automatically convert indentation spaces to tabs, respecting the current
indentation settings.

E.g. if tab width is set to 4 characters in config, all groups of 4 spaces
should be converted to tabs.

Is there a way to toggle/convert the indentation character type  (e.g. switch to
space indentation, or switch to tab indentation) ?

Kind Regards,
Werner