List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdelibs/kate/view
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2010-12-03 10:24:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 02 December 2010 23:33:52 Pascal Létourneau wrote:
> On December 2, 2010 17:04:45 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 December 2010 22:57:58 Pascal Létourneau wrote:
> > > SVN commit 1202961 by pletourn:
> > >
> > > Revert commit 1202930
> > > Instead clear the cache earlier
> > >
> > > CCBUG:157754
> >
> > Hey Pascal,
> >
> > please comment on this patch and explain *why* this is better.
> >
> > a) the assert I added is valid - if offset is zero the
> > thisLine.virtualLine() == virtualCursor.line() assert will *always* be
> > hit. Imo it's much better to assert earlier on the offset.
>
> The assert was placed where offset>0 so it would never have been hit
> If offset is zero the assert (thisLine.virtualLine() ==
> virtualCursor.line()) will *never* be hit
> A zero offfset has a trivial effect, it seems completly wrong to assert on
> it

True, but just below (!forwards) the same assert is done and the offset should
be tested there, since otherwise it will crash on the line-assert. Maybe an
offset of zero should be handled gracefully in viewLineOffset?

> > b) why should you check m_minLinesVisible with scrollPastEnd - they have
> > no relationship as far as I could understand the code. m_minLinesVisible
> > is only related to "autoCenterLines".
>
> With your patchm, if you have scrollPastEnd == true and m_minLinesVisible >
> 0 the user *can't* scroll past the end

I'll test this, thanks for seeing this so fast. But you still did not answer
my question, what has m_minLinesVisible to do with scrollPastEnd? As I said,
the variable is only changed in setAutoCenterLines which has *nothing* to do
with scrollPastEnd in my eyes?!

Bye
--
Milian Wolff