List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Some minor usability requests
From:       Werner <lists () mollentze ! co ! za>
Date:       2010-08-23 8:05:13

  Hi!

I would kindly like to requests the following features to be implemented in Kate:

1) Showing the full file path in the status (bottom) area of each (split) view.
(The full path is only displayed in the title bar for the active view, so I have
to switch views all the time to check the full path, since I often deal with
similarly named files from different directories)

2) An option to either find a string per-view, or globally. The fact that each
view has it's own find dialog "embedded" is great, but sometimes I'd like to
find a certain string across all split views, on a per-view basis. In that case,
I have to re-define the search string for each active view, since the search
string is per-view.

For all I know, maybe I'm just missing setting somewhere, if it's already
implemented. If that's the case, please kindly advise where I can change the
settings. I'm built and use Kate (3.4.2) according to
http://kate-editor.org/get-it/.

Thanks for your time and efforts,
Werner