List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC Student
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! de>
Date:       2010-04-29 6:20:48

On 04/29/2010 12:05 AM, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi Diana,
>
> welcome to our mailing list :)
>
> Vim like swap files would indeed be awesome, I've even once wrote some
> code pieces, which I have attached. I have no idea whether it's useful,
> it probably doesn't even compile ;) How to implement it finally is of
> course up to you; iirc Christoph has already some ideas, though.
>
> Nice to have you in our team.

Yes, welcome once again ;)

I think it would make most sense for you, to first now get up and
running with a own clone of the kate repository to do the work in.

That way, you can work on your stuff without having any hassles of
breaking the part/app in any way.

And later, it is very easy to merge your changes in again ;)

Dominik posted already a little how-to how to compile kate from
gitorious, as I mailed you ;)
If you have any problems getting it compiled and running, don't hesitate
to ask here for any guidance ;)

Greetings
Christoph