List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: MovingCursor + Ranges, Features
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2010-04-22 7:11:13

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 23:39:21 Michel Ludwig wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Wed 21 Apr 2010 19:19:57 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > We have now a feedback class ;)
>
> Thanks for that :-)
:) No problem ;) As I started the rewrite, I need to add the needed features
to the new stuff anyway ;)

> > Any more wishs?
>
> I think it would also be good to add some debugging output functions as it
> is done in the attached patch (copied from range.h/cursor.h). Moreover,
> some range comparisons like the following would be good to have as well
> (eliminating the need to convert moving ranges to simple ranges)
>
> bool 	boundaryAtCursor (const Cursor &cursor) const
> bool 	boundaryOnColumn (int column) const
> bool 	boundaryOnLine (int line) const
> bool 	contains (const Cursor &cursor) const
> bool 	contains (const Range &range) const
> bool 	containsColumn (int column) const
> bool 	containsLine (int line) const
> bool 	overlaps (const Range &range) const
> bool 	overlapsColumn (int column) const
> bool 	overlapsLine (int line) const
> int 	positionRelativeToCursor (const Cursor &cursor) const
> int 	positionRelativeToLine (int line) const
>
> Well, at least 'contains', 'containsLine', and 'overlaps' because the spell
> checking stuff needs that ;-)
I am all for it, all this can be implemented in KTE as non-virtuals, Dominik
came up with similar list, too, for comparison operators and so on.

Will add you debugging patch this evening, too. Jowenn did the same already
inside KatePart, but should be in the interface already ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com