List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: MovingCursor + Ranges, Features
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2010-04-21 8:17:44

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 09:42:09 Michel Ludwig wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Tue 20 Apr 2010 19:56:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Atm I don't think about implementing more, any essential stuff missing
> > you really can't live without?
> > (inspect movingcursor.h and movingrange.h in ktexteditor for the current
> > API, convenience stuff missing for sure, but see Dominiks mail for that)
>
> The spell checking stuff also uses functions from 'SmartRangeWatcher', like
> 'mouseEntered/Exited', 'caretEntered/Exited', 'rangeDeleted' and
> 'rangeEliminated'.
>
> So, I think it would be good if that functionality would still be present
> :-).
I think about implementing caret and mouse enter, but first must look, if that
really is efficient, atm I did already part of that, for internal dynamic hl. At
the moment looks still quiet efficient, even with document were you have 20k
ranges ;)

rangeDeleted and rangeEliminated are not that needed, I think, as they were
only workarounds that the smart ranges got deleted behind our back, that
doesn't happen for moving ranges.

Will take a look in the next days.

Any other wishs? What I would rather not like to implement is
rangeContentsChanged and so on, as then for each edit I need to take care
which ranges are affected, which I don't want to do really ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com