List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Seaching for a string
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2009-10-28 13:58:59

Erlend Hamberg skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I would very much like to implement the Vi commands * and # for the Vi
>  Mode. These start a search for the word under the cursor in the
>  forward/backward direction.
>
> In Kate, as far as I can see, this logic is all tied to the graphical
>  search widget (search/katesearchbar.h), but is there a way to simply
>  search for a pattern without opening the search bar? I still want the
> findNext()/findPrevious() methods in the search bar to work as I use these
>  for the find next/previous commands.

Hi Erlend,
Such a search is implemented in the word completion plugin, except it searches
the completion rather than the word.

Before the new dialogs, the functionality was not tied to th ui, and could be
used for example in the commandline, and I think that it should be so. It
can't be hard to untie them :)

Anders
--
www: http://www.alweb.dk