List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Adding Text Encoding to Kate?
From:       Kevin Adler <adler187 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-20 17:28:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

At work I deal a lot with text files in EBCDIC code page 37. It would be
nice to be able to read these in Kate. I looked in to adding support and
came across QTextCodec and QTextCodecPlugin. I wrote up a plugin and got it
working and can use it from a simple console test application I wrote.
However, I can't seem to get it to show up in the Tools->Encodings menu of
Kate.

Is there more to this?

--
Kevin Adler