List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Syntax highlighting files
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2008-11-01 10:20:02

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 18:39:28 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> What about this proposal:
> - kdelibs/kate/syntax/data
>   all xml files shipped with the default KDE installation
>   -> provide a sane base
Thats fine

> - kdelibs/kate/syntax/addons
>   all additional xml files that are not included in the official KDE
>   packages. To still make them available, our scripts on the kate-editor
>   homepage can include those hl files in the index for download.
I would move all other files to kdesdk, into the kate dir, then we just need
to adopt our update script on the server and we still would deliver all
scripts. I dislike that users need to download stuff, as that will mean for
any non-homeuser that each user in our company network has it's own versions
while atm I have them nicely preinstalled. The xmls doesn't hurt a lot in
kdesdk and that would still make the situation better for users only having
katepart installed + kwrite.

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com