List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Ability to force indent with spaces in alignment from
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2008-06-09 20:01:51

Am Montag, 9. Juni 2008 schrieb Robin Pedersen:
> > Still one question: If we have, say [10, 8], what happens? Does 10 take
> > precedence over 8?
>
> Yes. As of the most recent patch, it does. As long as the second element
> is less than or equal to the first, it's as if it doesn't exist.
>
> It could also be changed so that [10, 8] would mean indent the equivalent
> of 10 spaces + 8 extra spaces. To get that, you currently need [10, 18].

As you designed the api based on practice in an actual indenter, I think your
way makes most sense (i. e. it's more likely to have two absolute indentation
values at hand than one absolute and one relative one, esp. given that
charAt,firstChar,...-functions return absolute horizontal values).

mfg
	Leo