List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate plugin manager port
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2008-05-18 20:09:09

On søndag 18 Maj 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi Anders and all,
>
> > I'm all for using it, if do not loose functionality. I remember there was
> > a reason for us not jumping in immediately, if those issues have been
> > solved, it would be wonderfull if you move on!
>
> Yeah, the most important points were:
>
> 1) "We created an API for showing explicity the config dialogs", what in my
> opinion in this case could be marked as deprecated. Take in count this
> component (KPluginSelector) is used now by Konqueror, Kopete, KWin, KWrite
> (KTextEditor), Amarok... so this is really good for consistency.

Yes, if the component can now do what we need - display the configuraiton
button - that is fine.

> 2) "You have to create additional .desktop files".

I'm OK with that.

> AFAIR that 2 were the most important points. Take in count the logic of the
> plugins themselves are not touched. Only the way they are shown on that
> dialog.
>
> Please check if you enable a plugin (for instance "Kate Symbol Viewer"),
> and you click OK. Close Kate and restart, is it loaded again automatically
> ?

This will go away with the session improvements, hopefully.

> > I haven't time just now to look back in the maillist archieves, as I'm
> > going sailing all day, so forgive me for not remembering the exact
> > reservations we had.
>
> Hehe, have fun then :)

I was at a local racing event with two crews, one of which won the event (me
being the coach) :-)

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk