List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    The name 'Kate' text editor
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2008-05-13 12:34:56

Hello,

The name 'Kate' has been in use for quite a few years - since 2001 - for
another software project, namely the KDE text editor Kate
(www.kate-editor.org).

I therefore suggest that you consider finding another name for your package,
to avoid confusion. Note that we have no legal claim on the name, this is
simply a suggestion that we make life as easy as possible for our users :)

--
Anders Lund
Kate developer since 2000

www: http://www.alweb.dk