List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: weird calls to indent() when triggerCharacters not set in JS
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2008-04-06 13:43:32

Am Sonntag 06 April 2008 14:18:56 schrieb Dominik Haumann:
> On Saturday 05 April 2008, Paul Giannaros wrote:
> > When triggerCharacters is not set, I'm seeing calls to indent for
> > random characters. Setting it to an empty string gives the expected
> > (IMO) behaviour of not calling the indent function on anything but a
> > new line. What is the current behaviour supposed to be doing?
>
> KateIndentJScript::triggerCharacters should return an empty string, at
> least that's what the code does. Maybe it does not work?
>
> > I think the indent script API needs documentation. I'll be glad to do
> > it after the development sprint, as the system may get an overhaul
> > there anyway.
>
> Yep, good idea. Maybe we can even use doxygen to generate the
> documentation. Something to evaluate :)
I think in the meeting, we will settle down the scripting once and for all to
either kross or qtscript. Beside this, we should take a look at the API,
yes :) kjs makes it that dumb to write API for the scripts, with both kross
and qtscript we would just create wrapper classes, which can then be doxygen
documented and will just yield all scripting methods available from scripts.
The indenting interface needs documentation, too, your help is gratefully
accepted there :)

cu
Christoph

--