List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Reasoning for shortcuts in editor-config
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-28 20:17:57

On 28.03.08 20:37:01, Anders Lund wrote:
> On fredag 28 Marts 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > If there's no good reason for that page I think its time for it to be
> > removed.
>
> All applications using katepart would have to add it to their own dialogs
> somehow. To do this they would have to be able to access the
> actionCollection, which again requires a KTextEditor interface (I don't think
> it's accessible right now). Even with that in place it would require coding
> on the client part.

No they don't unless I'm missing something. So far all apps that use
katepart also use xmlgui, which means they can use
KXmlGuiFactory::configureShortcuts() to show the normal "Configure
shortcuts" dialog and that function shows all action collections from
all xmlgui clients and AFAIK the katepart is such a xmlgui client.

And the same thing can happen if the application doesn't use that slot,
it can just use KatePart as XmlGuiClient (as all KParts are) and
thus retrieve its action collection.

Andreas

--
You will be winged by an anti-aircraft battery.