List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Kate Developer Sprint
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-19 21:45:43

Hello guys,

the KDE release-team set the deadline for adding items to the list of
planned features for KDE4.1 to 2008-03-31:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan

Our small developer meeting will be in April, thus we should add our planned
features already now. If you think it's a good idea I can also contact the
release-team to ask for an exception so that we are free with what we do
until after the meeting ;)

Oh, and while we are already at it: We really should talk already now about
what we will do at the meeting. It's certainly a good opportunity to
discuss things, exchange ideas and implement features and prototypes.

What comes roughly to my mind is
* Session management (again, Anders has very good points)
* Scripting (indentation, helper scripts, macros, finding good APIs)
* Input modes (abstraction layer, so we can have geek-input modes, too)
  probably coupled with scripting
* Collaborative editing (along with why Decibel is so cool)
* useful plugins
* ...

I'm certainly missing lots of points, so feel free to add things :)

Dominik