List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate Developer Sprint
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-19 22:06:22

On 19.03.08 22:45:43, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> the KDE release-team set the deadline for adding items to the list of
> planned features for KDE4.1 to 2008-03-31:
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan
>
> Our small developer meeting will be in April, thus we should add our planned
> features already now. If you think it's a good idea I can also contact the
> release-team to ask for an exception so that we are free with what we do
> until after the meeting ;)
>
> Oh, and while we are already at it: We really should talk already now about
> what we will do at the meeting. It's certainly a good opportunity to
> discuss things, exchange ideas and implement features and prototypes.
>
> What comes roughly to my mind is
> * Session management (again, Anders has very good points)
> * Scripting (indentation, helper scripts, macros, finding good APIs)
> * Input modes (abstraction layer, so we can have geek-input modes, too)
>   probably coupled with scripting
> * Collaborative editing (along with why Decibel is so cool)
> * useful plugins
> * ...
>
> I'm certainly missing lots of points, so feel free to add things :)

* annotation interface

And yes, I'm going to at least start to implement that as I'd like to
see that in KDE 4.1 so KDevelop 4.0 doesn't have to depend on KDE 4.2
(and doesn't need a crappy standalone annotation widget).

When will the sprint happen? And where was it announced? Haven't seen
anything on this list...

Andreas

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.